- Location:Central London
- Salary: £40-60k
- Permanent Role
We are looking for highly motivated lead developers to join our strong, established and dynamic team. You should have a very strong technical background, an excellent record of developing and delivering software solutions in client-focussed environments and experience of mentoring junior members of the development team.
About the role
- Provide hands-on software development, working closely with our client teams using Agile development processes
- Provide technical expertise and software development for our expanding client-base
- Development planning and estimating
- Carrying out peer reviews
- Act as a champion for best practices and continuous learning
- Act as a mentor for junior members of the development team
- Working closely with the management team to shape our technical training and development.
Our ideal candidate is conscientious, client-focused and able to work to tight deadlines, sometimes at short notice. You are reliable, self-motivated and able to work without close supervision. You are a technically proficient application developer with impressive analytic and communication skills; you are comfortable with talking to clients and enjoy the variety of working on different projects.
You enjoy being involved in the wider development community and will relish playing a pivotal role in helping to shape our culture and in embedding quality and best practices throughout the development process. You’ll be sharing your knowledge of tools and techniques within the team and leading discussion about how and where to use them. You’ll also have experience of mentoring junior developers, helping them adopt new approaches to problem-solving and encouraging areas for growth and improvement within the team.
You are likely to be someone with a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience, with exposure to the entire software life cycle. Any experience of enterprise-level applications and their integration with other systems would be desirable.
Technical skills and experience
- Scientific or technical degree or relevant professional qualification
Technical expertise in:
- Back end development (e.g. Java 8, Node.JS, JMS and ActiveMQ)
- Integration technology (familiarity with Camel and/or Servicemix in particular)
- Testing tools and methodology (TDD and Capybara / Selenium, JUnit or TestNG)
- Database design and programming, particularly using open source data technologies (Oracle/SQL Server also desirable)
- Sound understanding of software development life cycle models and familarisation of software version control tools (specifically GIT).
- Experience of development methodologies, especially Agile
- Fluency in additional programming languages, particularly Python
- Strong analytical, written communication and presentation skills are extremely important to this role, including the ability to communicate and engage with stakeholders and colleagues at all levels.
Interested? Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org ref: Lead Software Developer