This section will form a basic overview of how Solirius LTD (AKA Solirius Consulting, we, us, our) process, store and manage your Personal Data in accordance with EU/UK data protection laws.
With respect to data protection laws and processing activities, Solirius LTD is registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) in the UK as a Data Controller.
Data Protection Laws:
Solirius LTD operates in compliance with Data Protection Laws in the UK. Our minimum standard applied is that found within the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the UK’s own Data Protection Laws derived from the EU GDPR. This policy outlines privacy rights for individuals (you, your) and provides the framework within which our business operates.
Solirius LTD will only process your Personal Data for the purposes outlined within our Privacy Notice. The full privacy notice sets out how we collect, use and protect any data given when using our services. This includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, providing staffing solutions to our clients, supporting with assignments (including both permanent and contract) and any/all other associated commercial services provided by our business. Explicit consent will not be obtained for the specific processing of your Personal Data - the conditions defined in our Privacy notice and the GDPR will determine our processing activities.
Under GDPR and in line with our Privacy Notice, subject to certain conditions, you have rights relating to the processing of your Personal Data. Full details of these rights can be found in our full Privacy Notice.
Privacy Notice in Full:
This privacy notice applies to Solirius LTD across all operations and will explain how we use, process and store the Personal Data we collect from you.
With respect to data protection laws and processing activities, Solirius LTD is registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) in the UK as a Data Controller.
1A. Data Protection Laws:
Solirius LTD operates in compliance with Data Protection Laws in the UK. Our minimum standard applied is that found within the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This policy outlines privacy rights for individuals and provides the framework within which our business can legally operate.
For the purposes of this notice, Personal Data refers to the following:
Personal Data means any form of data which relates directly to an individual who may be identified from it directly or indirectly. It may also be referred to as Personally Identifiable Information (PII), or Personal Information (PI). Personal Data includes data recorded digitally, on databases, on paper as well as expressions of opinion and indications of intentions towards these individuals.
The individual is known as the Data Subject.
2. Who we are:
Solirius LTD (We, Us, Our) are a registered company in England and Wales under company number 06279757. Our registered office address is 3rd Floor, 65-68 Leadenhall Street, London, England, EC3A 2AD.
Solirius LTD was founded in 2007 to help clients deliver digital transformation solutions to solve business problems. We work with a range of private and public sector clients and have built a reputation for providing high quality, honest and trusted advice. We provide a holistic approach to client projects and provide client support at every stage of the technology delivery lifecycle.
For more information, please see About Us.
You can get in touch with our internal team by writing to the operations team at the address above or by emailing email@example.com.
3. Why we collect your data & what data we collect
We need to collect data and personal information in order to provide the services requested from us. This may include contract recruitment, permanent hires, IT consultancy services provided, compliance services, payroll services, safety and security, work permits, and any other services deemed necessary as part of our business operations.
3A. Information we collect:
In order for us to carry out our business operations to our high standards, there is a need to process several types of Personal Data. The type of data collected is dependent on the services provided and the relationship between Solirius LTD and the data subject.
In order to conduct our core business operations, we may collect the following information:
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Job Title
- Company Name
- Bank account and payment details
Other processed data may be requested including but not limited to:
- Identification documents
- Right to work status/Visa & Immigration details
- Date of Birth
- Employment history
- Payroll information
- Financial data such as tax and benefit data, student loan details, pension details
- Next of kin or relative details
Solirius LTD may also request special categories of data that may constitute data of a sensitive or personal nature. In these instances, and where legally required or where you have entered into a contract with us, this data may relate to but is not limited to:
- Health information including medical reports, occupational health outcomes, assessment such as drug or alcohol screenings or other medical information as required.
- Racial or ethnic origin or religious background for the purposes of equality and diversity
- Results of criminal record checks including but not limited to DBS, SC or DV clearances
- Details regarding sex, gender/gender identity or sexual orientation for the purposes of equality and diversity
- Financial background checks
In all instances, the processing of this sensitive data will be carried out under strict conditions in accordance with relevant laws.
Further to the above, visits to our website may also result in the automatic collection of certain information including but not limited to:
- Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet
- Browser type and version
- Login details
- Time zone settings
- Browser plug-in types and versions
- Operating systems and platforms
- Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) of the websites you came through to access our site and which pages you have visited (including date and time)
- Our website page response times
- Download errors
- Length of visits to pages
- Visit duration
- Page interactions
- Exit methods
4. Processing activites:
Your data will be processed in order to provide our services, maintain our records, and meet our obligations as a consultancy including our staffing commitments. In addition, data may be used for the purpose of reporting, monitoring and evaluating our services as applicable by law.
Solirius LTD will not seek explicit consent from you for processing your data however we will not process any Personal Data for any other purposes other than those defined by this Privacy Notice and in line with the conditions defined by GDPR.
Processing of Personal Data will fall into one or more of the following categories:
- Contract Performance
- Legal Obligations
- Vital Interests
- Public Interests
- Legitimate Interest
For specific information relating to how Solirius LTD uses Personal Data, please refer to the separate sections as follows.
In line with legal obligations and to ensure we meet our duty of care our company may report on details linked to individuals. This is carried out under strict conditions to prevent unauthorised access and to ensure all Personal Data is only accessed by authorised Solirius LTD individuals and external providers.
Reporting functions used by us may include (but are not limited to):
- Event registers maintained for purposes such as incidents, near misses or hazards
- Compliance reporting
- Evaluation of services
4B. Newsletters & Bulletins:
For customers who receive the Solirius LTD company newsletters, job alerts or featured articles. This Privacy Notice constitutes acceptance of these marketing documents and any related documents as deemed necessary. This contact allows Solirius LTD to offer you information that is of interest and may be of benefit to you, provide you with essential information relating to the business operations or safety information relevant to your and your assignment. Your personal information will not be shared for marketing purposes outside of Solirius LTD unless express permission has been obtained.
4C. Legitimate Interest:
Legitimate interest allows Solirius LTD to process your data if we believe there is a genuine business need for the processing of said data. This justification is broad but typically covers any activities that Solirius LTD deem necessary for the operation of the business or that may be in your interest or benefit.
5. Candidate Data:
Solirius LTD is committed to providing the best customer service for applicants, new starters and job seekers and understands that a career move is an important decision for you to make. It is therefore essential that we collect the right information in order to offer you relevant introductions and job opportunities to best support your move.
The type of data and collection methods vary and depend on the type of employment sought (permanent, contract) and whether the role is internal only or client facing. Irrespective, Personal Data will be processed by us with appropriate security measures and in line with GDPR.
5A. Information Given:
As a candidate, your information may be provided to us in various ways and in different formats. This is generally in the format of a CV submitted by you or you sharing your Personal Data by way of:
- Registration through the Solirius LTD website
- Application for a role through the Solirius LTD website or through one of our advertising partners
- Contacting us directly or through our website
- Submitting a CV or application directly with a Solirius LTD representative
- Submitting compliance documentation or details as part of our on-boarding process.
The level of detail you provide or is present on your given CV when submitted is classified as being freely given for the purposes of identifying suitable position with Solirius LTD or one with one of our clients whether this be contract or permanent. Your data will be retained within our systems and made available internally within Solirius LTD for recruitment purposes.
By submitting your personal data, you acknowledge the methods outlined in this notice in which Solirius LTD will process your data.
In addition, Solirius LTD may obtain your personal data via the following sources available to us as a consultancy and through our recruitment team. These sources may include but are not limited to:
- Clients or Candidates as part of a referral or placement
- Searches conducted via online job boards or social media (such as LinkedIn, Twitter, JobServe, CV-Library, Reed etc.)
- External providers undertaking background checks, screening or insurance services.
Solirius LTD may use your Personal Data to contact you regarding potential opportunities or for the purposes of relationship management. We may also use this data to confirm role suitability, eligibility to work, to obtain references or to check specific qualifications (operations are not limited to those specified in this section and we may use your data for any other operations deemed necessary as a Legitimate Interest of the business).
A record of specific details from discussions and from your CV will be recorded on our internal database.
At times, your CV and details may be shared with our clients as part of our recruitment process. Where you have applied for a permanent role with Solirius LTD, this information will be shared with our internal hiring managers and relevant parties including but not limited to practice leads, team members, operations and finance teams or directors. CVs are formatted before submission to ensure Sensitive Data is not shared and that Personal Data is kept to a minimum.
If you are unsuccessful in your application, your details will be kept on our database along with your Personal Data and we may use this to contact you in the future regarding vacancies. We will also use your data to keep you up to date with marketing information as detailed in this policy. Your data may also be used for other purposes in line with our policy and only for the purposes of business operations.
If you are successful in securing a position with us, or in being signed on to a contract through us, you will enter into our on-boarding process. This will involve processing activities relating to our assignment support services. This will require you to, if not already completed, register your full details with us and also submit any further information required and as detailed in this notice.
5B. On-Boarding Process:
On-boarding will involve Solirius LTD, the client (where applicable) and you and will ensure all parties are compliant in terms of the law, HSSE needs or client rules and requirements. It is important that the transition is undertaken smoothly and that all associated documentation is received and processed timely and effectively. This means additional information will be requested.
Some of the data requested may be Personal Data and some may lead to the processing of Sensitive Data, the type of which will depend upon the legal obligations and requirements of the role you have been offered. Details of data requested is included in this notice.
6. CLIENT DATA:
Solirius LTD work with a large number of clients and consultants. In order to allow for effective business operations, Solirius LTD will need to retain up to date client information.
6A. Information given to us:
The level of information Solirius LTD holds on clients is limited in terms of personal data and is usually made available via the following but is not limited to:
- Provided by the client when entering into a contract with Solirius LTD
- Submitted to Solirius LTD when seeking our services or at events, campaigns or conferences
- Provided to Solirius LTD through previous placements and candidates
6B. Information from other sources:
Along with submission of information, we may collect and use data obtained from other sources available to us or our recruitment and operations team. This may include but is not limited to:
- Clients or Candidates as part of a referral or placement scheme
- Employment References
- Supplied by candidates on your projects or on site
- Research from publicly available sources such as newsletters, publications or similar
- Obtained as a business development lead or potential client from online job boards or social media.
This information would typically cover contact details (such as business location, email details, names and positions), and communications made between clients and Solirius LTD may be documented on our database during the course of our relationship.
All other information that does not come under personal or sensitive data will be processed in line with our company policies and treated in a confidential manner as any sensitive or personal data would be.
6C. Client Solutions:
We will use your data to contact you to discuss potential business moves, your staffing and support needs and to establish the types of consultants suitable to fulfil your requirements. Contact details may be used for the purposes of:
- Entering into and agreeing contractual terms
- Arranging assignments and support for candidates placed within your organisation
- Invoicing for contractually agreed services
- Performing our contractual obligations
Your details may also be used and processed for the purpose of communications including but not limited to:
- Financial transactions and invoices
- Provision of services including marketing emails outlining available services and information that may be of interest or benefit to you and your organisation
- Commercial and legal purposes associated with the business relationship such as contractual requirements, legal aspects and confirmation of assignments.
- Any further notes or information pertaining to agreements between you and Solirius LTD that will be retained on our database.
Contact details of potential clients will also be retained for the purpose of reaching out to discuss potential leads and future business in addition to the reasons detailed above. You have the option to opt out of this as detailed in this notice.
7. Employee Data:
As a direct employee of Solirius LTD, you will be part of a highly collaborative team. The start of your career with us, be it permanent or on a contract basis, involves us getting to know you and you getting to know Solirius LTD. This will include sharing information that allows us to operate effectively and ensure your assignments run smoothly.
During the course of your employment with Solirius LTD, your Personal Data and data generated relating to your employment may be used for commercial, legal or performance reasons.
Amongst these reasons identified previously in the “on-boarding” requirements, additional data may be required including but not limited to:
- Attendance tracking involving annual leave, sickness absence or other out of office absences, training days or other legal absences including jury duty, maternity or paternity leave or garden leave
- Training and competency records
- Health status and incidents in line with relevant laws and Health and Safety regulations as well as employee well-being
- Performance appraisals that will be carried out and recorded
- Transactional data relating to financial activities such as payments, deductions or bonuses. This will also include any reporting linked to payments to ensure financial legal obligations are met.
7A. Sharing your Data:
As part of our operations, information may need to be shared with external providers for the purpose of carrying out our commitments to you. If you are applying for a position working with one of our clients, we may pass your Personal Data on to these clients in order to provide this service as detailed in this notice.
Other circumstances may arise whereby we need to pass your Personal Data on to an external provider in order to provide services relating to your contract. These services include but are not limited to:
- Insurance brokers
- Emergency service providers
- Audit, Legal and Financial partners
- Medical and health specialists
- Payroll providers
Any external providers will need to meet Solirius LTD’s high standards and must adhere to our privacy policies.
Information may be shared in circumstances where prevention and detection of crime and for law enforcement purposes require this. Personal Data will be shared without the consent of the individual concerned and Solirius LTD will ensure all reasonable checks are carried out to ensure requests are legitimate before the requested data is shared. In these situations, only the necessary data will be shared in line with our strict confidentiality and privacy policies.
In the event of sale of the business or the business assets, or in the restructuring or reorganisation of the business, we may transfer your personal data as part of said business change however we will ensure all steps are taken to ensure your privacy rights continue to be protected.
Where you have previously engaged with Solirius LTD, such as application for our services or entering into a contract with us, we may contact you. This may be to make you aware of other opportunities or to provide information that may be of interest or benefit to you. These instances will not require prior consent and we will adopt the understanding you are happy to receive these as part of your engagement with us unless specifically stated otherwise.
We may use your Personal Data to contact you via post, phone and/or email. The reasons for this contact vary and may include the following legitimate reasons, but are not limited to:
- Information regarding our services
- Information regarding your employment or contract with Solirius LTD
- Communication of newsletters, industry news, business news or safety information
- Information regarding events, holidays or conferences
- To convey essential business information
When registering through our website, you will be required to confirm your preferences relating to job alerts, marketing information and to gain information about our services. Likewise, if you have not previously engaged with Solirius LTD, it is important that you review your choice and how you want to be contacted by us.
You have the option to opt out of any and all contact from Solirius LTD at any time by making us aware. Please see the “Your Rights” section for details of your options and how to unsubscribe.
8. Retention of data:
Solirius LTD will only retain your Personal Data for as long as needed in line with legitimate interests and will take the necessary actions to keep this data up to date and accurate to the best of our knowledge and ability.
8A. Keeping your data accurate:
Solirius LTD will regularly keep in touch providing an opportunity to update our records and, where necessary, any Personal Data we have about you. Additionally, you are able to manage your data via direct contact or through our on-boarding process.
8B. How long we keep your data:
Personal Data will only be kept for as long as Solirius LTD has a genuine need for it or where required by law, whichever is longer. Any kept data or documentation will be held in line with this privacy notice and the GDPR and will be kept under strict security requirements.
Personal Data no longer needed will be archived, destroyed, or deleted securely.
9. Your Rights:
Solirius LTD will hold your data in respect of GDPR and in line with this privacy notice. We understand it is your right to know how your data is processed and that you may exercise your right to request that we stop processing it.
Under GDPR and subject to certain conditions, data subjects have the following rights:
- The Right to Rectification – You have the right to request that Solirius LTD correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You have the right to request that we complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The Right to Access – You have the right to request Solirius LTD provide copies of your personal data.
- The Right to Erasure – You have the right to request that Solirius LTD erase your personal data, under certain conditions and where permitted by law.
- The Right to Restrict Processing – You have the right to request that Solirius LTD restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The Right to Object – You have the right to object to Solirius LTD processing your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The Right to Data Portability – You have the right to request that Solirius LTD transfer the data we have collected either directly to yourself or to another organisation, under certain conditions.
Solirius LTD will have one month from any request to respond. All requests to exercise any of these rights should be made in writing either via post at the address listed in this Privacy Notice or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can exercise your right to accept or prevent processing by unsubscribing to any materials received via the link provided in the email. you can unsubscribe by contacting us directly at email@example.com.
If you want to understand your Rights under GDPR further, please visit the ICO website.
10. SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY:
Solirius LTD is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioners Office. The ICO is appointed as the Lead Supervisory Authority for Solirius LTD across all businesses.
Solirius LTD’s registration details are available for public view on the ICO’s website.
If you wish to make a complaint, you can do this through direct channels by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
If this is not resolved to your satisfaction, you can contact the ICO as the Lead Supervisory Authority for Solirius LTD at any time directly:
ICO Helpline: 0303 123 1113 (UK) or +44 1625 545 700.
12. CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE:
Any changes made to our Privacy notice or defined activities will be added to this notice. You are encouraged to review this frequently to see any updates.This Privacy Notice was last updated April 2021.